Overview of College Enrichment Offerings
The Fremont Union High School District, in partnership with the City of Cupertino Recreation & Community Services, is pleased to offer a college preparation course for High School Juniors (class of 2018), taught by experienced FUHSD Teachers, Guidance Counselors and College/Career Advisors:
College Planning Workshop (CPW)
Offered in Spring to Juniors
and Summer to rising Seniors only
This overview class guides students in reflecting on themselves as students and identifying goals and plans for college. Emphasis is placed on organizing the college search and application process.
College Essay Workshop (CEW)
Offered in Fall to Seniors only
and Summer to rising Seniors
This workshop allows students to brainstorm, write, and refine a personal statement essay required for UC or private college applications. Students will have several opportunities to work one-on-one with instructors and revise their drafts:
We are currently accepting registrations for the summer session:
- Submit the attached registration form(s) before the end of business Wednesday, April 26, 2017 to be entered in a random lottery for placement in your choice of class dates, times and locations. Many classes will fill up; registrations received after April 26th will be enrolled in classes on a space-available basis.
- Cost for each course is $130. Scholarships are available to those who qualify; see attached Financial Aid Application form for more information.
Please contact your student’s Guidance Counselor if you have additional questions about the courses. For questions about the registration process, please contact Cupertino Recreation & Community Services at (408) 777-3120.
If you have any questions about these course offerings, please contact:
Josh Maisel, Coordinator of Academic Interventions
Phone: (408)522-2297 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer College Planning Workshop is Now Open for Registration (Junior Class of 2018 Only)
To register, choose a form from the list below.
- When it opens in a new browser window,click on the "Open With Different Viewer" button (located in the top right corner)
- Select "Open with Adobe Acrobat (default)" to download, enter your information, and print form
- Save form to your desktop or file folder
- Open it with Adobe Reader, enter your information and print form
COLLEGE PLANNING and ESSAY WORKSHOPS
2 hour class for 5 days
|June 12 - June 16||8:00am - 1-:00am||Cupertino HS|
|June 19 - June 23||10:30am - 12:30pm||Fremont HS**|
|June 26 - June 30||1:00pm - 3:00pm *||Homestead HS +|
|Monta Vista HS|
* FHS is hosting the only 1pm the Essay Workshop
** FHS will only be offering 1pm Essay workshop
+ HHS is not offering Planning Workshop